Monday, June 15, 2009

To infinity and beyond...

This is us...hear us ROAR!

ok, so we (I) are new at this blogging thing... the address says Hollywood & Princess HIT the road...not something else ;]

wow, only a week has gone by and time has become unnecessary! im wearing a watch and don't know why... as it's time to get up when the sun rises and time to play as long as it's up, and bedtime is sometime after the stars shine...

I have found a very comfortable chair, in a lovely home in Mapleton, UT, belonging to Jonathan, Tara and the adorable Miss Savannah (who didn't want to go to bed).

I have seen many amazing features of God's green earth, and red, brown, cream, peach, salmon (Entrada Sandstone), seafoam green, violet...ya have to see it to believe it!







I even hugged a hoodoo!


Oreo's and chocolate milk have been consumed for lunch (and Artichoke tapenade for dessert), I'm on vacation...

Naps have been snuck, views have been inspiring, and many revelations have been, well, revealed.


The wild things are abundant: lizards, bears, buzzards, chipmonks, squirrels, elk, mule deer, marmots, even buffalo!


I should be getting fat, cause all I do is eat in the car...and we are on a roadtrip...


But I suppose all the hiking and biking and packing and unpacking of the car keeps me trim.


We have taken almost a zillion pictures, I'll be happy to share them upon request :]

Hanging out of the vehicle while taking pictures and off-roading has become a favorite pastime.

Doing both at the same time isn't recommended, but even more exhilarating!


Beautiful can't describe the vistas observed, each one is vastly different, amazing and unique.

Hollywood is getting fuzzy...somebody send a razor please ;]


I thought beauty wasn't skin deep...

I'm so glad Princess is having her eyes opened to the beautiful world in which we live. I had my eyes pried open two years ago on a similar trip, albeit much much shorter. Ironically, that trip was 1/4 the estimated time and 1/4 the estimated distance. Go figure!
These past two days have been wonderful, as I had never passed through Southern Utah before, and now I've seen five National Parks and/or Monuments in this one state alone. Shall I count the ways? Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Grand Staircase National Monument, Capitol Reef NP and Arches NP. Wowie Zowie!

Tonight and tomorrow our in-town rest nights, and then the vacation motor starts up again. First it's off to Yellowstone, then Cody, WY for a rodeo, then Devil's Tower, Mt Rushmore and Teddy Roosevelt NP in beautifully scenic and super important North Dakota. I have no idea what will take place from here on out, but I expect it will be wild and crazy and mostly contained.
Did we tell you that we only spent 1 hour out alone in Las Vegas and were in the hotel before 11pm? Are we getting old already?
This is me, and this is how we roll...
Don't forget to SMILE...H & P

No comments:

Post a Comment